KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Ability to abide by all rules, regulations, policies and procedures set forth by La Vernia Volunteer Fire Department and ESD 1; ability to make decisions during emotional and stressful situations; ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Must pass a criminal background check & reference check.
- Must pass a drug screen.
- Must be willing to commit to training, and truck checks.
- Department will be willing to also pay for you to get certifications if you volunteer your time back to us.
Want to Jump start your probationary period?
- Previous firefighting experience
- NIMS 700, 100, & 200 (https://training.fema.gov/nims/)
- Class B Exempt License